A nomination package for a nominee must be prepared by a single person, the nominator. The nomination package must include the following:
- The name and contact information for the nominee.
- The name and contact information for the nominator.
- A listing of the intended award, and a proposed citation for the award. The citation should concisely describe the nominee’s contribution, and be less than 50 words.
- A current cv from the nominee. The cv should contain educational and professional work backgrounds, a summary of awards, a list of publications and patents, SID membership status, and any other relevant information for the award committee to consider.
- For the Peter Brody award, the nominee’s date of birth must be provided.
- A letter from the nominator, highlighting important accomplishments of the nominee, and making clear with convincing arguments why the award should be made. This nomination letter is quite important, as it assists the committee in understanding why the nominee should be considered for the award. The nomination letter should be 1000 words or less.
- Five letters of endorsement from SID members. The letters can be simple endorsements, or they can provide additional written support for the nomination (500 words or less). Endorser contact information is also required.
- In order to assist the committee, we request that a link to the nominee’s Google Scholar profile be included, if relevant. (https://scholar.google.com)
Nomination packages should be submitted with all materials collected and combined by the nominator, preferably as a single pdf file. Do not have endorsers send their letters to SID directly.