Who We Are
Society for Information Display is comprised of the top scientists, engineers, corporate researchers, and business people of the display industry, valued at over US$100B annually. SID was formed in 1962 to promulgate display technology, and that work continues today, publishing a monthly Journal of SID, Information Display magazine, and our annual Digest of Technical Papers, which are presented at our annual spring Display Week Symposium and Exhibition. These publications are available online without additional charge for members.
The annual Display Week Exhibition is the best event for the sales and marketing of displays and related products to the North American market, because it attracts the top companies and senior business and technical staff who make product management and purchasing decisions, shaping the industry. The core part of Display Week, SID's Symposium, began in 1963 and has about 70 technical events, comprised of 400 oral and poster presentations, as well as associated events: Business Conference, Investors Conference, Sunday Short Courses, Monday Technical Seminars, Industry Awards Lunch, Market Focus Conferences, Exhibitors' Forum, and the I-Zone of peer-reviewed prototypes. SID has chapters located throughout the world; members are free to choose which chapter they wish to belong to, and many chapters webcast their technical meetings, some of which are available to members as recorded webinars free of charge.
SID also promotes the SID-Wiley book series on display technology, and other conferences including LatinDisplay in Brazil, EuroDisplay in Europe, International Display Workshops in Japan, and Asia Display. Students are supported with deeply discounted memberships, and travel grants for some with the best papers. To train engineers, obtain fresh market perspectives for businesspeople, and for cutting-edge information on tomorrows displays, there's no place like SID!
The Society for Information Display
When you join the Society for Information Display, you are joining the international display community — and a local one. From Osaka to Eindhoven, you will find colleagues passionately involved in display and display-system design, integration, marketing, display standards, manufacturing, human factors, applications, and R&D.
Each of these display professionals is a member of the chapter of his or her choice. The chapters have periodic meetings, and some run conferences and trade shows that have national — even international — appeal. The chapters interact both directly and through the central SID International Office, and chapter meetings often feature speakers with international reputations. SID’s largest international gathering is the annual SID Symposium, Seminar, and Exposition, which attracts thousands of attendees, speakers, and exhibitors from around the world. Here, the members of the international display community come together face to face, share technical information, develop business opportunities, and make new friends — just as we have done since 1962. We invite you to join us.
Benefits of SID Membership
- Join the international display community and become part of your local display community.
- Access the most complete and most accurate information on displays.
- Enjoy many opportunities for networking with your peers and with leaders in the field — in person and electronically.
- Receive Information Display magazine, the world’s leading magazine devoted exclusively to display technology, applications, manufacturing, and marketing.
- Online access to SID's Digest of Technical Papers
- Receive the Journal of SID, the world’s leading technical journal devoted exclusively to display technology.
- Receive timely information on forthcoming display conferences and trade shows — in locations from Hamamatsu to Orlando to London.
- Work side by side on SID committees with industrial and academic leaders of the display community.
- Be recognized within your company as a professional who is in touch with the latest in display technology.
- Obtain ongoing recognition and publicity for your company by having it become a Sustaining Member of SID.
Information Display magazine, Journal of SID, SID-Wiley Series in Display Technology, Digest of Technical Papers, Seminar Notes, and notes for the Display Week Short Courses.
We invite you to join one of the SID committees, which include Academic Affairs, Chapter Formation, Standards, Honors and Awards, Convention, Long Range Planning, Membership, Nominations, and Publications. Committee membership will connect you to the display community quickly, and we would appreciate your contributions.